Self-building menu system
- Add pages in a 4-level menu tree
- Search engine friendly URLs
- Pages can also be excluded from your menu
- Webpages can be made offline to hide them from your website
- Pages can be password protected with one or more 'access groups'
- Once a visitor is logged in they can view any page in the same access group
- Cut/copy/paste/duplicate webpages
- Redirects automatically created when a page is moved with cut/paste or renamed
- Pages can be filtered by language in the CMS
- Menu automatically created on your website to link to the different language versions of your site
- Microcopy automatically localised by included language files (eg. Search, Submit etc)
- Deleted pages can be restored from trash at any time
- Webpages can be filtered by keyword to make it easy to find the page you want to work with on larger sites
Blueprint Editing Concept
- Enjoy an amazing new way to edit your content
- All your content is represented in a logical 'blueprint' format
- You just work with your content - without the styling and layout distracting you
- See how your content will look in the side-by-side live-preview.
Drafts and Versions
- Your changes are automatically saved as a draft
- Each time you publish a page, the previous version is saved in an archive
- Previous versions can be restored at any time.
- Enjoy a side-by-side preview as you work with your draft
- Your content 'blueprint' shows on the left, the final page as it will look to your visitors on the right (on screens that aren't wide enough, you can show the preview with a button)
- You can undo/redo your changes in any given session
- Your selection can be cut or copied and will then be available to paste into other pages or elsewhere on your page
- Pasted content will always be added after a selection to make it easy to insert content in a new location
- You can also paste text directly into the 'blueprint' from your device's clipboard
Drag images from desktop
- You can drag one or more images from your desktop directly to a location on your 'blueprint' to add them to your page
- All text is edited using a super-simple plain-text editing system
- Double-click/tap a text item to edit it, then just start typing
- Highlight words to see a contextual menu to apply inline formatting using shortcodes (bold/italic/underline/strike/sup/sub) or add links to webpages, files or other websites
- Add meta title/description/keywords to your pages for search engine optimisation
- Multiple templates can be created as part of a site's theme
- Templates can be assigned to pages in the CMS
- You can easily clone a page's content from one page to another
- Changes made to the original will be reflected on pages that are cloned
- Includes SEO meta tags to avoid duplicate content issues
- Once you've published a page you can share its link easily by email, Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Elegant handling of lists
- List items can be indented to create nested lists
- Drag and drop a list item onto another list item to indent it
- Separate text by a blank line when editing a list-item to automatically create multiple new items
Drag and drop simplicity
- All content in your blueprint can be dragged-and-dropped
- You can select one or more items (text, images, Storage items) and apply formatting and layout from simple drop-down menus
Powerful column system
- Column layouts that are part of your theme can easily be used on your page
- Just drag a column layout to your page, then drag content into the column 'dropzones'
- A theme can have any number of column layouts
- Because the column layouts are built within the theme, they can be fully responsive, and those kinds of choices don't need to be made on the content-level
- Widgets can be created as part of your theme that let you easily add pre-formatted items with editable 'dropzones'. For example: staff bio 'boxes' that contain a picture and text
- Widgets can be combined with Website Settings, Sitewide Content and more to create advanced systems that can be placed anywhere on a page
Seamless Storage system
- All Storage items can easily be dragged to your page to add them where you want
- Storage items can even be created on-the-fly without needing to leave your page blueprint
- Easily assign content to different positions in your template by adding template sections to the page
- Drag and drop to instantly include or exclude content
- Template sections are defined by the theme developer
Image scaling and cropping
- Images can be automatically scaled and cropped according to presets defined in the theme
- Scale and crop presets allow for images to be cropped to match an aspect ratio, scaled to fit within a size or scaled by one side only
- Scaled images are cached on the server for rapid downloading
- Responsive interface works on all screen sizes as well as iOS 7+ devices
- Image and video uploads from iOS devices are also supported
- No need for a separate iOS app - just all the tools you're used to; elegantly formatted at any size
- The welcome screen is the first page you see when you login. It greets you with a friendly message and provides quick and logical access to the main areas of the CMS.
- Most areas of the CMS support standard keyboard controls like: 'n' for new item, up/down to select previous/next time. Shift+up/down add items to selection. Backspace to delete selected items. As well as operating system defaults for cut/copy/paste/duplicate/select all/deselect all.
- Tooltips show you how to use the system at just the right time with key points. Tooltips can be reset so you can view them all again.
Login and Admin Users
Multiple admin users
- Privileges can be set for each admin user
- Admin users can reset their password if they forget it
- 'Keep me logged in on this machine' option allows persistent login on a given machine
- Works perfectly with iOS web app mode
- Create as many galleries as you like, insert them anywhere on any page with the Storage system
- Edit the gallery in Storage and it updates automatically wherever it is placed on the site
- Each image in your gallery can have a caption - this is automatically created from the filename but can be changed at any point.
- Quickly upload multiple images with the batch uploader
- Drag-and-drop images straight from your desktop
- Upload multiple images from iOS devices
Drag and drop to re-order
- Image can quickly be re-ordered in each gallery
- The new image order will instantly show on any page that contains that gallery
Shop product integration
- Images galleries can be combined with shop products to allow image choices/variations for products (ideal for selling photo prints on your site)
- Also works with products with options
- When images are uploaded they are automatically resized into a thumbnail and a large version
- No need to resize images prior to uploading
- Developers can choose the size for images and thumbnails when developing a theme
- Calendars and events are fully responsive
Add multiple calendars
- Create events in different calendars then add a given calendar to any page.
Link to pages or sites
- Create links for your events. Link to a page, download or other website.
- Full template control for developers
- Customise calendars using the template system to create beautiful calendars.
AJAX month navigation
- Calendars view one month at a time and let visitors browse months using AJAX to change months without reloading pages.
Simple admin interface
- Adding events has never been easier, click a day then add an event.
- Publish articles in multiple categories to let your visitors quickly find related articles and browse articles by category.
- Flexible tag system lets you tag articles with bottom-up tags to let your visitors find related articles. Also generates a tag cloud.
- Let multiple authors publish articles, each article automatically displays the author as well as showing a site-wide biography for that author.
- Visitors can post comments on blog articles. Spam protection built in without using irritating CAPTCHA systems. Choose to allow instant publishing or require approval for all comments.
Browse by date
- Blog system lets your visitors search your articles by day or month using a mini-calendar.
- Blog-specific search system lets your visitors search your blog for articles. Results are logically displayed in order of relevance based on frequency and placement of keywords. Uses word stems to ensure matching of multiple versions of keywords.
- Easily reply to comments on your articles by using the author reply password. Author replies can be given different formatting in the template.
- Automatic pagination of articles. Change the number of articles per page easily in the CMS.
- Visitors can subscribe to RSS feeds for all articles or comments on individual articles.
Unlimited contact forms
- Create as many contact forms as you wish for any purpose. Specify a recipient email address and rest assured the email address can't be seen on the site, by humans or robots.
Super-simple form builder
- The GPW form builder makes building forms so simple you won't realise you're actually doing it. Simply add a field, choose its kind and enter a label. Create any of the following fields: input, textarea, select, radio group, checkbox and even file uploads.
Make fields required
- Choose which fields to make required. If you make an email address field required it will validate the email address in addition to making sure it's filled in.
- Add a file upload filed to a contact form and your visitors can send you files via your website.
Reply directly to messages
- When you receive an email containing a contact-form submission, you can reply directly to that email providing your form contains required email and name fields.
Drag-and-drop to re-order
- Quickly change the order of fields in your form with drag and drop
Put forms anywhere
- You can add contact forms to any page, Snippet or Sitewide Content area. Great for adding a mini-contact form to your website footer for example.
Newsletter mailing list
Get signups right on your site
- Add a newsletter signup form to any page on your site. Visitors can add themselves to your mailing list automatically.
Create multiple groups
- Organise your subscribers into groups. Create signup forms for different groups to automatically get subscribers into your groups.
Use your own SMTP email account
- Send your newsletter to all your subscribers or just those from specific groups. Emails sent via your existing email account to reduce chances of messages being flagged as spam.
- Add simple variables in your newsletter to insert subscribers first name, last name or email address into the email itself. Helps reduce spam score.
Use existing pages for newsletter content
- Create content for newsletters by adding content to a page then choose that page to send as a newsletter. Can be an offline page or even an online page if you want to publicly display your newsletters as pages on your site. Either way you'll be using familiar content creation tools.
Real-time reporting of opens and unsubscribes
- Watch statistics for all current and past campaigns update in real-time.
- Quickly test a given email recipient by making a batch operation to make all recipients inactive, then make individual recipients active to send messages only to them.
Elegant handling of large lists
- Have thousands of recipients? No problem. GPW automatically paginates results and allows searching by keyword to ensure the system remains fast to use as well as letting you find recipients quickly.
- Each email contains a link to let your subscribers automatically unsubscribe from your list.
Reusable content for your pages
- Snippets let you create re-usable portions of content which you can add to any page or pages. Whenever you change the content of the Snippet, the content will automatically update on all pages where it shows.
Ideal for shops
- The Snippet system is ideal for adding product information to and then using on multiple category pages. You can add components to Snippets, including products.
Search and pagination
- The Snippet system is designed to scale. Add thousands of Snippets and performance will remain fast with automatic pagination and search tools.
- Adding multiple similar Snippets? Quickly duplicate a Snippet, then double click it to edit its content.
- The CMS lets you have instant-message based conversations with your website visitors. This is a great way to encourage visitors to get in touch for quick questions.
- When visitors initiate a livechat conversation, their livechat window will open separately from your website, allowing them to continue browsing your site while chatting with you.
- If you set your status to 'Online' your status will automatically shows as available on your website but only when you are logged into the CMS. What's more, livechat status changes almost instantly without visitors having to reload pages.
Custom name and greeting
- Enter a custom welcome message and name to greet your visitors. Great if you have multiple staff who will be handling livechat responsibilities.